Movers and Packers in Dubai : How to Choose a Mover and Not Regret Later
I am sure you do not want to sleep on a dirty mattress or watch your brand new LCD with half of the screen broken at the end of your move. Also, missing your grandmother’s jewelry or some valuable pictures by the time your movers are gone doesn’t exactly fit your plans. And, finally, having to negotiate till the morning to receive your heart prescription medicine in return of a cash payment two times higher than quoted is never good for your blood pressure and overall well-being.
All this can be avoided. All it takes is to spend more than two minutes of your time before choosing your mover. Did you buy your furniture after 2 minutes of consideration? If not, why would you want to risk with all of your belongings by hiring a mover which might not even have a driver’s license, yet sounds very promising on the phone?
Here are several tips on how to choose your mover wisely and not to fall for a mover who will tear down your house and make you regret you decided to move.
- First impressions count: this is a very basic and straight forward advice, but do not go with a mover that sounds rude on the phone. After all, chances are you will have to spend most of the day, if not all day, with him, and you must feel comfortable. Moving is stressful enough already, and there is no need to complicate your life even more by dealing with a rude and impatient crew, especially when there are lots of better options out there.
- Make sure all your questions are answered with patience and depth level you expect: as you probably heard countless times from your college professors, there are no stupid questions. Make sure each of them is responded to in a polite and informative manner. This is a good indicator not only of your mover’s expertise, but also gives you an idea on their way of dealing with the customers.
- Get 3 moving quotes: speak to 3 moving companies before making a decision. Do not overdo it by talking to every mover in town, but also do not hire your movers without having 3 quotes. 3 is a good number to make an informed decision.
- Do not fall for the lowest price: this will sound very banal, but if something sounds too good to be true, most likely it is! There might be additional charges, the level of moving services might be off – there can be many reasons for an unreasonably low price. Remember: as with any goods or service, there are different fixed and variable costs associated with maintaining a good level of service and customer satisfaction, and do not expect to receive a top notch service for pennies. After all, you get what you pay for.
- Choose a moving company with a price which falls between the highest and lowest ones: this way, you will not be overpaying, but also still can expect good moving service.
- Avoid movers on Craigslist: although Craigslist is a very informative and helpful resource, if possible, stay away from the people who advertise their moving service there. I find many people who have been fired from reputable moving companies advertising on Craigslist, and believe me, you do not want them in your house.
- A website can be a very good indicator of whom you are dealing with: a website has to be informative, good looking and professional, with good wording and to answer most of your questions without even speaking to a representative. A rule of thumb is that if a “company” does not maintain a proper website at this age and time, they do not take their business, and most likely, their customers as well, seriously.
- Make sure you compare apples to apples: there are different pricing structures out there. In most states, it is illegal to offer a flat rate for local moves. If you get one, make sure they outline every single charge, or get a contract (or an email) stating all the charges, surcharges, fees and taxes. Same thing applies to an hourly rate: lowest hourly rate does not mean the lowest price at the end of the move. Make sure you understand your mover’s policy on packing supplies (such as shrink wrap and blankets to protect your furniture), gas and fuel surcharges, and overtime rates. Also, keep in mind that your moving cost can be higher with a mover who charges $50/hr but is much slower than going with a moving company that charges $80/hr but is much more experienced and works faster and more efficiently.
In conclusion, simply use your common sense. Do not use the cheapest moving company. In this case, you might be better off just renting a moving truck and doing it yourself. Make sure you feel comfortable with the person you talk to. And if you use your common sense, are well prepared for your moving day and stay positive, chances are your moving experience will be much brighter than you could have expected.
Best Movers in Dubai : Mover Companies in Dubai with Price, Cost & Reviews. Cheap movers & packers company in Dubai. List of international movers and packers in Dubai UAE. Compare movers in Dubai that can provide professional & insured moving, packing, relocation, removals, International freights, shipping & storage services in Dubai at best cost and prices. Find list of recommended movers in Dubai and read verified customer reviews of movers in Dubai UAE.
Cheap Movers in Dubai UAE : Cheap moving companies in Dubai with company contact details, cheap Dubai movers services prices. List of moving companies in Dubai with company contact details, free moving quotes, prices, moving cost estimate & company reviews. Locate best movers in Dubai providing cheap moving services in Dubai at affordable prices.
House movers in Dubai, Movers in Dubai, Relocation companies in Dubai, Moving companies in Dubai, International Movers in Dubai, International moving companies in Dubai, Movers and packers in Dubai, International Relocation Companies in Dubai