Movers and Packers in Dubai : How to Tackle an Office Move
If you are moving your office, whether to downsize, upsize, or get a better location or lease, there are many things to think about. The best way to go about it is to hire office movers who can coordinate everything for you, from equipment and furniture moving to storage. A good moving company can do a lot to minimize the stress and productivity loss. However, there are still things to consider before, during, and after the move.
Before the Move
Make sure that you have enough funds to cover the move. This includes things like insurance, fit-outs, and OH&S (Occupational, Health, and Safety) assessments. If you are completely revamping a space, you will also need to budget for commercial interior design and/or architect fees.
Be certain that the new space can accommodate your staff, furniture, and equipment. Don’t forget to allow space for a reception area, conference rooms, and a lunch room as well. Allow some space for growth so that you do not have to move again any sooner than necessary.
Tips for Downsizing an Office
If you need to downsize your equipment, consider investing in flatscreen computer monitors and smaller-size printers if you have the resources. This will leave more breathing room for your employees.
Another way to minimize the amount of office space you need is to allow telecommuting by some of your employees. It will lessen the need for desk and staff space, and you can keep employees you may not have the physical space to accommodate. It is still best to have a few desks with computers and phones for when telecommuting employees need to come into the office.
The Importance of Storage and Asset Management
Whether you are downsizing an office or just moving to a new location, this is a good time to convert paper documents to electronic files. Find a moving company that can securely store these items, and also photograph and catalog them so that you can access them online and have them shipped to you or anywhere you choose later. It is important to find a mover with a data storage facility that provides safe, yet easily accessible storage for digital and paper records, and can shred and destroy sensitive documents if necessary.
A full-service moving company can also store any furniture and equipment you no longer have room for until you decide what you want to do with it. Find a company that will photograph and catalog each item so that you can access them any time, and arrange for shipment as needed.
Once your employees are in the new office, it is essential that everything be up and running as quickly as possible in order to minimize business disruption. Professional office movers can help ensure a quick and efficient move. A big priority needs to be setting up the office systems immediately so that your employees are ready to go to work as soon as they are settled at their desks.
If you have equipment and furniture coming from various places (the old office, storage facilities, and/or vendors), try to arrange for it all to be delivered on the same day. A qualified mover will help you do that.
That brings us to the next point. What can and should you expect from your movers?
What Should Office Movers Do for You?
· Pricing: Reputable office movers should do a survey to determine what needs to be moved, and provide a written pricing estimate to explain the services and pricing for your entire moving process.
· Planning: A moving company experienced with office moves can make a plan based on your company’s needs. This will guide you and your employees through the relocation process to help reduce downtime and maintain productivity. Some movers will conduct orientation meetings with your staff to provide them with instructions on packing, equipment preparation, and scheduling, as well as to answer any questions.
· Equipment: Make sure that the company you hire has the equipment and experience to handle whatever you will be moving. If you have specialized items (such as high-end technical equipment, collectibles, instruments, artwork, lab or medical equipment, or refrigerated items), make sure that they have the experience and resources to handle them safely.
· Site/Building Preparation: Reputable office movers will do their best to ensure that no damage is done to floors, walls, corners, doors, stairs, or elevators, both in the new and old buildings. Make sure that they have insurance to cover any damage that may occur.
· Housekeeping Services: Many property management companies require that the facility is left clean and free of debris after a move. You can hire a housekeeping service to do this, or find office movers who will do it as part of their service, both in the new and old facilities.
After the Move
No matter how prepared and organized you are, there are always things that you will not think about until your staff is in the new location and up and running at their jobs again. Some movers will provide a small crew to make any necessary furniture or equipment relocations after the move.
The keys to a smooth office move are planning, organization, and hiring movers who are experienced, and can handle as many of the logistics as possible. This way you have more time to spend with your staff and your clients to ensure that everything goes smoothly for them as well.
Best Movers in Dubai : Mover Companies in Dubai with Price, Cost & Reviews. Cheap movers & packers company in Dubai. List of international movers and packers in Dubai UAE. Compare movers in Dubai that can provide professional & insured moving, packing, relocation, removals, International freights, shipping & storage services in Dubai at best cost and prices. Find list of recommended movers in Dubai and read verified customer reviews of movers in Dubai UAE.
Cheap Movers in Dubai UAE : Cheap moving companies in Dubai with company contact details, cheap Dubai movers services prices. List of moving companies in Dubai with company contact details, free moving quotes, prices, moving cost estimate & company reviews. Locate best movers in Dubai providing cheap moving services in Dubai at affordable prices.
House movers in Dubai, Movers in Dubai, Relocation companies in Dubai, Moving companies in Dubai, International Movers in Dubai, International moving companies in Dubai, Movers and packers in Dubai, International Relocation Companies in Dubai